the jump...

the jump...
yahooooo!

Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm in Cape Town!

Well, it's been an eventful week. Too much to write in one blog, so I'll give the following summary: We landed in Joburg on Thrusday and had a 3 day orientation. There were three American students(me, Trish, and Sebastian), two thai, two german, one brazilian, and one paraguayan. We had fun, and then on Sunday we had to catch our flight into CT. I met my host family, who are all very nice people. Gerhart drives really really fast haha. Anyway, we went home, I got settled in, then we went down to Table Bay to get ice cream. I had a nice view of Table Mountain and the city, which was so surreal. Then, basically I've just been going to school and hanging out at home. I've been making some friends at school but you definatley have to work at friendships here - it's not like in the U.S. where someone smiles, and you're friends within two minutes. Anyway, I'm a bit culture schocked, but I'm managing. School is hard, but what can you do? It's hot hot hot here - 115 fahren. yesterday. Hopefully it'll cool down today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hoii .. im already read ur blog. Ur story is cool. Hope we can be friend. :>

South Africa's Anthem

Location: bottom of the African continent

Location: bottom of the African continent